Language Specialist with French Language
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
We are looking to hire a Medical / Clinical Language Specialist with native French, to join PPD’s Language Services (LS) organization. This role will be overseeing and managing final quality of assigned translations as well as develop and manage quality assurance and language asset strategies (e.g., translation memories, terminology and style guides) globally and for assigned languages. The language specialist will perform translations for assigned language in addition to owning the language strategy.
- Oversees and performs translation quality check tasks and, as needed, translation and revision tasks.
- Develops and maintains global terminology strategy and for assigned languages.
- Drives and implements global and local translation memories strategy.
- Drives and executes global and local linguistic quality assurance process.
- Drives global language quality strategy and has established tools to monitor the quality of outsourced language translations.
- Analyses language quality issues and works on global and local improvement plans with project management.
- Works on assigned projects by the Language Services department.
- Represents the department as a prime contact on projects. Interacts with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional areas.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 2 to 5 years proven medical translation experience (preferred in clinical translation).
- Native French and fluent, working English required.
- CAT/TMS tool experience required.
- Proven Terminology and TM strategy experience required.
- Proven skills of multi-tasking, time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resourceful and solution oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
What we offer Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in translations, linguistics or language studies with significant translation studies from a recognized institution or higher education.
- Bachelor's degree in another field and 2 years of translation experience (preferred in clinical translations).
- If no Bachelor's degree then, 2 to 5 years of translation experience (preferred in clinical translations).
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.